Sunday 12 September 2021

UFOs and stuff

So last year, while deep in the midst of lockdown, I stumbled across a long forgotten book on my bookshelf, which began taking up an inordinate amount of space in my brain.

This book, about a long-forgotten Australian alien abduction case from the '90s, formed the basis of an episode of my podcast, an article I wrote for the ABC, and a chat I had with an American podcast. So I thought I'd collate all these things together in one handy place.

The book is called Encounter and it's by Kelly Cahill. It documents her claims about her run-in with aliens - an event known in UFOlogy circles as the Eumemmering Creek encounter. For a while, it was heralded as the holy grail of UFO encounters because it purported to have numerous independent witnesses.

I compiled my research and interviews into this episode of my "hilarious yet informative" podcast, Can You Believe It?.


I also wrote it up in this article for the ABC, which is my most read article to date. People loved the shit out of it for reasons I can't quite explain.

As a result of all this, I was interviewed by the guys from Camp ReEducation, a cool American podcast, which was super fun.

And if you would prefer to watch that as a video:

This will keep you busy for the next three hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment